Thursday, February 25, 2016

10-19-2015

Sorry the past few emails have been so short. I had a few problems with the recording and got tied up. 

So yes, I have been transferred. I am now serving in the mountains of Rio Grande do Sul, in a city called Farroupilha. It is close to another big city called Caxias. So far I really love the city. It isn´t huge but it has a lot of shops and stuff to do. I think you would probably like it here too. There aren´t a ton of people so it isn´t crowded and it has a good view of rolling green mountains. Sadly though my hope of escaping the obligation of moving by serving in a completely different country has crashed and burned. Today we have the opportunity to move! Yes, so I will actually be moving myself and my companion into another apartment. Which is cool, because the new apartment is really nice. It is on the 6th floor and has a great view. It also is in the city center close to everything. Some other elders from Bento Gonsalves have come to help us out. 

My new companion is yes, you guessed right, another Brazilian! Whhooooooo!!!! What is actually great because I need to work on my Portuguese skills. My companion wants to learn English so we are going to help one another this transfer. He is quiet but he has a good heart and is really sincere. So I am excited to work with him. 

As for the area it is pretty far away from Porto Alegre. We took a 2 hour bus ride to get here which isn´t that bad compared to Passo Fundo. It also means though I won´t be able to get the glasses thing figured out very easily. But I will see what I can do. 

I will continue to keep you guys in my prayers. 


-Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment