Tuesday, April 26, 2016

3-7-2016

Yeah so my companion leaves on the 15th of March. This is his last week here. A few interesting things have happened today. So there was an emergency transfer in our district and we are now in a trio with another elder. For this week we will be in a trio then when my companion leaves the other elder will stay with me for two more weeks until the new transfer on 26th of March.

Talking about doctors today I will be heading to the old "ophthalmologist"! Yes, that´s right the eye doctor. We´ll see if I really need glasses or not. I am a bit nervous because first of all I´ve never done an eye exam but mostly second of all I have never done an eye exam in Portuguese. It´s most likely that I won´t be able to understand a few things because my vocabulary is strictly refined to talking about food and missionary lessons. I´ll be sure to let you know how it all went. 

But happily it is cooling down a bit. The beginning of this last week was pretty cool. Today is also a lot better than it has been. It makes it a lot easier to walk around and work. Sadly our new washing machine has yet to arrive. It´s been a few weeks now and they still haven´t sent a new one. I am thinking about calling the secretary again. He used to be companion so maybe I can work something out. But in the meantime we are washing our clothes at a member’s house, everything but our garments. Those we wash by hand. 

As for the ward everything is about the same.

I love you, have a good week!


-Élder Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment