Thursday, August 18, 2016

6-13-2016

So today is transfer day and I stayed in my area (Lajeado) But my companion Elder Augusto was transferred. My new companion will be an American Elder Christensen. I've met and talked with him before, and he’s pretty cool. 

This week was pretty crazy because we traveled a lot. We had a Zone meeting with President Campos and his wife. It was a pretty cool meeting. There were a few changes made to the mission to help move things forward. For example, we are to hold the Book of Mormon in our hand wherever we go. It's been cool because more people ask about the book and it makes it easier to talk about the church. 

This Sunday a miracle occurred. An investigator that we've been teaching came to church. We've been trying to find a member to take her to church, last minute a member from another city came to visit her and took her to church. Church was pretty spiritual and awesome. I was glad to see that our investigator made some new friends and seemed to like the experience. I've also had some pretty great personal study experiences that really helped me to know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. As I read the scriptures I felt like he was talking to me directly. He also answered my prayers when we had to take a bus to Santa Cruz for the Zone Meeting. We were waiting for our District leader to arrive before we got onto the bus at the bus station. They were trying to arrive at the bus station but their bus arrived late and we missed the last bus to Santa Cruz. I was praying that we could make it there on time but I thought all was lost when we missed our bus. But then all of a sudden another bus came from nowhere that was going to Santa Cruz. And we hopped on as fast as possible and made it there on time. 

So anyway a lot of small but really sweet experiences. 

I love you and hope you guys have a great week!


-Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment