Thursday, August 18, 2016

8-8-2016

So this area is probably the biggest out of all the areas I've worked in. It is also pretty disorganized here on our part. Right now we are just trying to figure out how to work more with the members. We also take care of a lot of other cities. All together I think there are about 7 cities in our area that the branch covers. So it's been kind of challenging to try and plan and work in all of them at the same time. So I think what we are going to do is just focus on one or two and go from there.

As for the weather it's been pretty sunny these last few days but it's gotten colder again. I guess from what they've told me is that this city is also one of the hottest cities in the state during the summer. So we'll see how it goes. 

My new companion is from Brazil. He is probably the oldest companion that I've had yet. He is 28 years old. So he is pretty calm and quiet. We are getting along pretty well. But yeah this is his last transfer. 

As for experiences this week not much has really happened. I guess one of the best experiences was our Zone meeting. This zone meeting, we all got into a big circle and talked about our areas and the difficulties that we are having. Then everyone gave ideas and advice to try to help one another. It was really cool. I really felt a lot closer to the other missionaries in the zone. 

The meetings are held in a rented building that used to be a gym. It's a pretty weird set up but it works. 

I love you. We are getting closer and closer to seeing each other again. It's kind of weird to think about. But time just keeps going by and November 15th is just around the corner. 

I love you,

-Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment